Adobe Photoshop Express is the perfect tool for resizing images for free.
Follow these simple steps to resize and compress your images for display on the auction site.
01. Click ‘Upload File‘ button
Begin by clicking the ‘Upload File’ button.
This will open a navigation window for you to select the file you wish to edit.
Adobe Photoshop Express will allow one file at a time.
02. Navigate to your image file
Using the open/save window navigate to the file you intend to edit.
Remember, Adobe Photoshop Express will allow you to edit one file at a time.
03. Select ‘Resize Image‘ link
Click on the ‘Resize Image’ link located in the left navigation bar.
This will display a tool bar on the right side of your window. It will contain tools to define how you want to resize your image.
04. Set Width to 600px
• Click inside of the ‘Width’ field
• Type ‘600’ into the box
• Press ‘Tab’ on your keyboard
This will tell the editor to resize your image to 600 pixels wide.
You do not need to set a ‘height’ value. The tool will set this automatically wile retaining the image’s aspect ratio.
05. Click ‘Resize Image” button
Click the ‘Resize Image’ button located in the bottom right corner of the window.
06. Click ‘Download‘ link
Click the ‘Download’ link in the menu bar.
This will open a dialog box that will allow you to name your file, set a file type (.jpg or .png), and set a ‘Quality’ level.
07. Set ‘Quality‘ slider to 50
(1. Green Arrow) Using the ‘Quality’ slider, adjust it to a quality value of ’50’.
(2. Orange Arrow) Next, click the blue ‘Download’ button to download the file to your computer.
It is important images be compressed to reduce file size. Large files will cause your item’s page to load very slow over mobile network connections.
Because of this, file sizes over 35K will not be uploaded to the site.
08. Click ‘Allow‘ if prompted
As a security feature, MacOS requires permission to download files from websites.
Click ‘Allow’ to allow the file to download to your computer.